Diploma In Construction (Joinery) (Enrollment Of The 2020/21 Academic Year Is Over)
This programme provides Secondary 6 school leavers with professional training on Joinery. Students can acquire relevant craftsmanship skills and basic knowledge of the construction industry so as to prepare themselves for becoming knowledge-based tradesmen and foremen.
Chinese version only.
For further information, please contact HKIC Student Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diploma in Construction (Joinery) is recognized under the Qualifications Framework in Hong Kong.
QF Registration Number: 19/000994/L3
Validity Period: 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2022
Upon completion of the programme and passing the intermediate trade test, graduates can register as 'Registered Semi-Skilled Workers' (Intermediate Tradesman) under the Construction Workers Registration Ordinance.
1. HKIC provides career support and placement service to help graduates join the construction industry.
2. Graduates can gain employment through Technical Talents Training Programmes under Construction Industry Council and Apprenticeship Scheme under The Office of the Director of Apprenticeship of Vocational Training Council to become 'Registered Skilled Workers' upon accumulating work experience and progressing with continuing education.
- Completion of Secondary 6 under the new academic structure, or equivalent;
- Applicants should be able to write and read in Chinese, and communicate in Cantonese;
- Hong Kong resident who is legally permitted to stay and work in Hong Kong; and
- Pass the admission interview.
Note: Holders of Mainland qualification are required to complete level 3 of Secondary Higher School in Mainland China.
Note: Applicants who have not met the minimum requirements but have reached the age of 21 by the course commencement date may apply through the mature applicant route. Applicants may need to take a language proficiency test to assess their language ability; individual courses may impose work experience requirements.
September in every year
Monday to Friday 8:20am – 4:20pm
Saturday 8:20am – 12:30pm
Students will receive a training allowance at a maximum of HK$4,800 per month according to their attendance.
HKIC will also assist students in applying for subsidy under the Student Travel Subsidy Scheme to reduce the financial burden of students.
Conditions of Certificate Award
Students should meet the following requirements in order to be considered as having successfully completed the programme and receive the award of 'Diploma in Construction':
- Attain 95% attendance rate;
- Complete and obtain credits from all modules in the programme;
- Complete the site training and meet all specific requirements of the modules;
- Complete 30 hours of volunteer services and 60 hours of sports training;
- Pass the relevant Intermediate Trade Test; and
- Obtain the Certificate for Mandatory Basic Safety Training Courses (Construction Work) (Green Card).
The information here is for reference only. HKIC may at its absolute discretion without notice at any time and under any circumstances withdraw or modify the provisions of any goods or services. Please refer to the 'Notes for Applicants' distributed at the time of admission interview for the updated admission information.