General Notes to Students
1. To change the class date, you must notify HKIC via email to [email protected] at least 2 working days prior to the class date. Class rescheduling can only be arranged once. An administrative fee of HK$50 will be charged for further class rescheduling request.
2. If you are absent due to illness, class rescheduling should be applied with a valid doctor's certificate within 10 working days. The rescheduling can only be arranged once. An administrative fee of HK$50 will be charged for further class rescheduling request.
3. Refund and class rescheduling will not be entertained in case of absence without reasonable excuse.
4. If a student is late for more than 15 minutes in any session of the class, the student shall not attend the examination and the tuition fee will not be refunded.
5. Student must bring along the identity documents. Student who is non-permanent resident must bring along corresponding working visa.
6. Student must wear trousers and sleeved tops. Vests, shorts, skirts, slippers, sandals, high heels or any open-toed shoes are not allowed.
7. HKIC reserves the right to disqualify the students who violate the instructions and the tuition fees paid will not be refunded.
Notes for Confined Space related course:
Students must bring along corresponding confined space card and identification documents when attend the class.
Notes for applying the following courses:
- Safety Training Revalidation Course for Competent Persons of Confined Spaces Operation (CCR): Applicant should possess a “Certificate of Confined Space Competent Person” which will expire within 6 months or has expired for not more than 3 months.
- Safety Training Revalidation Course for Certified Workers of Confined Spaces Operation (CWZ): Applicant should possess a “Certificate of Confined Space Certified Worker” which will expire within 6 months or has expired for not more than 3 months.
- Safety Training Course for Top-Up to Competent Persons of Confined Spaces Operation (CYP): Applicant should possess a valid ‘Certificate of Certified Worker of Confined Spaces Operation’ and at least two years or above validity period.
- Confined Space Safety Training Course for Competent Persons Engaged in DSD’s Works (DCP): Applicant should possess a valid “Certificate of Confined Space Competent Person” and applicant must have at least one year confined space risk assessment experience.
- Confined Space Safety Training Course for Certified Workers Engaged in DSD’s Works (DCW): Applicant should possess a valid “Certificate of Certified Workers”.
Safety Training - Class Arrangement During Bad Weather Conditions (Typhoon, Extreme Condition and Rainstorm)
Please refer to the following arrangement when pre-no.8 special announcement, typhoon signal no.8 or above, or extreme condition or black rainstorm signal is in force:
Kwai Chung Campus:
- In force or hoisted at 6:00 a.m. or thereafter: Full-time courses & Morning classes, examinations to be commenced before noon will be cancelled
- In force or hoisted at 10:30 a.m. or thereafter: Afternoon classes and examination to be commenced at 2 p.m. and thereafter will be cancelled
- In force or hoisted at 4:00 p.m. or thereafter: Evening classes and examinations will be cancelled
Tat Mei Road / Tai Po Training Ground:
- If the warning signal is in force or hoisted at 6:00 a.m. or thereafter, all classes / examinations at Tat Mei Road / Tai Po Training Ground will be cancelled
Arrangement for make-up class / examinations:
The campus will inform the concerned students about the rescheduling of classes / examinations by phone or in writing within 4 working days.
Hotline: 2100 9000
Email: [email protected]