Advanced Diploma In Civil Engineering Supervision
This programme is recognized under the Hong Kong Qualifications Framework.
QF Level: 4
QF Registration No.: 22/000669/L4
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2022 to 31/08/2026
This programme provides Secondary 6 school leavers who achieve certain level of academic attainment with professional training on supervising the implementation of civil engineering projects. Students can acquire holistic theoretical knowledge of the construction industry, technical skills, site practice and on-the-job training so as to prepare themselves for becoming competent civil engineering supervisor at the construction site.
Chinese version only.
For further information, please contact HKIC Student Recruitment Team at [email protected].
Upon completion of the programme and met the requirements of graduation, a graduate certificate issued by HKIC, Mandatory Basic Safety Training Certificate (Construction Work) (Green card), Mandatory Basic Safety Training Certificate (Construction Work) (Green card), Registered Semi-skilled Worker for Leveller and Certificate for Construction Safety Supervisors will be awarded.
This programme is recognised by the Building Department of the HKSAR Government as fulfilling the minimum academic qualifications for TCP T2 to T3 for site supervision under the streams of Authorised Person and Registered Structural Engineer, Registered Geotechnical Engineer and Registered Contractor (AP/RSE/RGE/RC).
Recognition by Professional Bodies/Organizations
All 4 Advanced Diploma programmes have been accredited by the following professional bodies / organisations:
|Chartered Association of Building Engineers||CIC BIM Certification and Accreditation Schemes||Hong Kong Institute of
Clerks of Works
|Hong Kong Institute of Construction Managers||The Institute of Clerks of Works & Construction Inspectorate (Hong Kong)|
- HKIC provides graduates with career support and placement service for joining the construction industry.
- Graduates can gain employment as foreman apprentice, technician apprentice, etc. through Contractors Sponsorship Scheme to become professional civil engineering supervisor and promoted to professional or management positions after accumulating work experience and progressing with continuing education.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics; or equivalent;
- Applicants should be able to write and read in Chinese, and communicate in Cantonese;
- Hong Kong resident who is legally permitted to stay and work in Hong Kong; and
- Pass the admission interview.
Note: Holders of HKALE, Higher Diploma, or Mainland/ overseas qualifications may be required to undertake extra assessments.
Note: Applicants who have not met the minimum requirements but have reached the age of 21 by the course commencement date may apply through the mature applicant route. Applicants may need to take a language proficiency test to assess their language ability; individual courses may impose work experience requirements.
HKIC had signed Memorandum of Intent with Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), Hong Kong Chu Hai College and the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) to provide articulation pathway for Advanced Diploma graduates.
September in every year
Monday to Friday, 8:20am – 5:00pm
- During classroom training period, students will receive a training allowance at a maximum of HK$3,600 per month according to their attendance. An extra allowance will be provided during site practice.
- HKIC will also assist students in applying for subsidy under the Student Travel Subsidy Scheme to reduce the financial burden of students.
Conditions of Certificate Award
Students should meet the following requirements in order to be considered as having successfully completed the programme and receive the award of "Advanced Diploma in Building Construction Supervision":
- Attain 95% attendance rate in both Year 1 and Year 2;
- Complete all topics in the programme with relevent credits;
- Complete the required hours of volunteer services and sports training;
- Received the Mandatory Basic Safety Training Certificate (Construction Work) (Green card); and
- Fulfill the specific programme requirements for graduation (if any).
The information here is for reference only. HKIC may at its absolute discretion without notice at any time and under any circumstances withdraw or modify the provisions of any goods or services. Please refer to the 'Notes for Applicants' distributed at the time of admission interview for the updated admission information.