Advanced Diploma In Building Services Supervision (Enrollment Of The 2020/21 Academic Year Is Over)
This programme provides Secondary 6 school leavers who achieve certain level of academic attainment with professional training on supervising the implementation of building services engineering projects. Students can acquire holistic theoretical knowledge of the construction industry, technical skills, site practice and on-the-job training so as to prepare themselves for becoming competent building services engineering supervisor at the construction site.
Chinese version only.
For further information, please contact HKIC Student Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of the first 18 months of the programme, students can exempt from a maximum of 12 months of training period in the Technician Apprenticeship Scheme under The Office of the Director of Apprenticeship. Graduates of the Advanced Diploma in Building Services Supervision will be awarded a graduate certificate issued by HKIC.
- HKIC provides graduates with career support and placement service for joining the construction industry.
- With reference to the guidelines given by the Development Bureau, all contractors carrying out public works are required to employ a specified number of supervisors or craftsman of assistant grades, according to the contract value. Graduates can gain employment through Apprenticeship Scheme under The Office of the Director of Apprenticeship of Vocational Training Council and become professional building services supervisor and promoted to professional or management positions after accumulating work experience and progressing with continuing education.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics; or VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies with successful completion of Foundation Mathematics III; or VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education with successful completion of Mathematics 3G / 3E; or Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin with successful completion of Mathematics Plus; or equivalent;
- Applicants should be able to write and read in Chinese, and communicate in Cantonese;
- Hong Kong resident who is legally permitted to stay and work in Hong Kong; and
- Pass the admission interview.
Note: Holders of HKALE, Higher Diploma, or Mainland/ overseas qualifications may be required to undertake extra assessments.
Note: Applicants who have not met the minimum requirements but have reached the age of 21 by the course commencement date may apply through the mature applicant route. Applicants may need to take a language proficiency test to assess their language ability; individual courses may impose work experience requirements.
- HKIC will arrange students to take the Higher Diploma programme on a part-time mode at the Vocational Training Council (VTC). Details of the programme will be provided by VTC.
- Upon completion of the part-time Higher Diploma programme, students can apply for admission to top-up degree programmes at local and overseas universities.
- VTC's part-time Higher Diploma programme is a 3-year programme, students are arranged to complete part of the Higher Diploma programme during their 18 months classroom training at HKIC.
- If students sign the Contract of Apprenticeship under The Office of the Director of Apprenticeship of Vocational Training Council after the 18 months classroom training, the employers will be responsible for the remaining tuition fee for VTC part-time Higher Diploma programme.
- Some classes of the part-time Higher Diploma Programme will be held in the evenings.
September in every year
Monday to Friday 8:20am – 4:20pm
Saturday 8:20am – 12:30pm
- During the 18-month classroom training, students will receive a training allowance at a maximum of HK$3,600 per month according to their attendance.
- In addition, in the 18-month classroom training with HKIC, HKIC will pay for the tuition fee of VTC's part-time Higher Diploma programme offered by VTC.
- Upon the completion of 6 months on-the-job training and meet all specific requirements, students will receive a training allowance of HK$21,600.
- HKIC will also assist students in applying for subsidy under the Student Travel Subsidy Scheme to reduce the financial burden of students.
Conditions of Certificate Award
Students should meet the following requirements in order to be considered as having successfully completed the programme and receive the award of 'Advanced Diploma in Building Services Supervision':
- Attain 95% attendance rate in both Year 1 and Year 2(Including VTC school days);
- Complete all topics in the programme with pass;
- Complete the site training and meet all specific requirements of 6-month on-the-job training; and
- Complete 30 hours of volunteer services and 60 hours of sports training.
The information here is for reference only. HKIC may at its absolute discretion without notice at any time and under any circumstances withdraw or modify the provisions of any goods or services. Please refer to the 'Notes for Applicants' distributed at the time of admission interview for the updated admission information.